Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I knit Sneakers!

I started with "How To" directions for high top Chuck Taylors.  I decided to use keds instead - and discovered that while Chuck Taylors have 4 pieces that start flat at the sole and just shape with decreases - keds are SIGNIFICANTLY more complicated in shape. 

IMAG0525

IMAG0524

IMAG0523

(ignore the pin heads - the glue was still wet when I took the pics)

IMAG0520

IMAG0529

Of course since the yarn is wool - and there are really 2 layers since it is colorwork - I won't be wearing them until winter... but still... I knit sneakers!!

1 comment:

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.