Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Rise of the Rocket Girls

Rise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled Us, from Missiles to the Moon to MarsRise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled Us, from Missiles to the Moon to Mars by Nathalia Holt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I wish I could give this book 10 stars!! Love the book. It is the story of the Jet Propulsion Lab, thus the story of missiles and exploring the solar system. It is a story that wouldn't be possible without the brilliant women who did all the actual math and physics to make it happen, and who then led the way to computer programs used by the missions. They won a battle against gender discrimination (for their time - and clearly not the war) managed to make the working mom prototype work at a time when only 20% of women worked after having children. NASA, the space programs, the planet owes these women a debt of gratitude.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.