Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday Twists

I've finished 2 knitting projects this week.  The first is a pair of fingerless mitts - that have a built in hidden pocket on the left hand.  It would be great for a bus pass if you take public transport, or a drivers license and credit card - I took my picture with my Starbucks card.. because really that's most likely for me!  The mitts were a mystery knit a long on Ravelry - it was done a bit different than most that I've done.  After you post a picture of your yarn - you got the first clue, then after you post each progressive clue the next day you get the next one.  If you didn't reach a certain point by Jan 15th - the designer assumed you weren't on pace to finish and dropped you from the clue list.   That would have totally pissed me off. Especially since in my life,  the month isn't always a smooth flow of days and there are weeks I can get a lot done - and other weeks not so much.  As much as I love these mitts - I don't think I'm doing any more of her knit a longs.  (for reference - most of the MKALs I've done the clues were released on a certain schedule - whether or not you were caught up)
 

IMG_20150129_090928066

I may make them again - with just 2 strands of yarn instead of 4 ( they are a bit bulkier than I personally like)  With the white and a variegated; or black with a variegated.  Most of my fingering/sock weight yarn is variegated, the gloves ended up being the only 4 solids I had that worked together!

The second project I finished is an infinity scarf.... in the NJDevils colors.  I finished and wore it yesterday, the Devils won a game in OT (this year - if a game went to the shoot out it was pretty much over for them - so this was a change)  I do not believe this was a coincidence.. I give the scarf some of the credit! 





This yarn gave me all sorts of fits.. normally I LOVE single ply yarn - but after trying 3 other patterns ( I may get a different yarn and try the brioche stitch cowl I started with  - love the pattern - it was too stiff and too tall with this yarn) I finally settled on an old classic stitch pattern, twisted it and kitchenered it.  ( I had my doubts about the way the designer joined the two ends - but it really worked out well! ) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.