Sunday, February 7, 2010

Simple Things!

I got this from Thom's Blog and although I can be a complicated person, I fiure I can come up with simple things for a good cause!


Chris from Enchanted Oak is doing the Simple Things Challenge, an easy way to keep your blessings flowing to Haiti. From her blog:

“Today and Sunday, I’d like to celebrate the simple pleasures of life with you. For each person who participates with a list, a poem, or a prose piece about the joy of simple things, my family will donate $2.00 to Heartline Ministries for their medical clinic and other programs in Haiti. The Heartline Ministries blog by John McHoul will tell you more about what they are doing. Post your piece this weekend and include a link to my blog. Then pop in here to say you’ve posted your “Simple Things.” Post by midnight, Pacific time, Sunday, and don’t forget to link with me and notify me that you’ve posted. You can borrow the “Simple Things” photo. If you don’t have a blog, a comment on my blog will count too if you tell me so. Let’s keep those blessings flowing.”
The simple things I love: 
 

My slightly insane family who get me (kind of) but luvs me anyway!
 
 
My friends, who each in their own way add to the richnest of my insanity!
A really great cup of coffee.
 
The sight, silence, smell and sensations of being outside in a snowstorm.
Finding the perfect yarn for a project.
 
A day when I don't have to leave the house!
A cup of tea in a big thunderstorm!
 
The sounds and smells at a racetrack!
The day I put my veggie plants outside.
 
The first tomato of the season!

4 comments:

  1. Great list my friend. The smell and sounds of a racetrack..How wonderful. And your family..how wonderful. Such a great cause and simple things are just the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Ria. There is nothing spicer than a little insanity in life! I loved your simple things a whole bunch. Isn't that a day of hope when we plant our veggies, or flowers, as my case is? And that tomato, warmed in the sun, plopped in the mouth and squished between teeth--awesome. Thank you for being you and doing this today.
    Chris from Enchanted Oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list...the first tomato! tomato sandwiches...yum! makes me wish fo warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ria,
    "The sounds and smells at a racetrack!"
    My dad used to own race horses, I sure
    remember what you mentioned.
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.