Thursday, May 6, 2010

Heimlich, Red, Water Balloons, And Much More

Welcome to the May 6th version of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!

We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog... simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Please mention us in your post, and link back to the blog here.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That's what all this is about after all, isn't it?
We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....

The TT questions are brought to you by Kimber, the color of Wednesday's eyes and the number 5.

1. Have you ever performed the Heimlich Maneuver on someone or had it performed on you?No, but there are a few people I wouldn't mind practicing with ;P

2. Do you have a red room in your home? (Either painted red or red curtains etc.)  My bedroom is that dark dark red - the curtains, bed, cushions - with antique gold trim and a dark antique gold paint on the walls.


3. Have you ever felt like banging your head against the wall? Lately almost every day.  Although recently I've been thinking it would hurt less to bash someone else's head through the wals....

4. Reports came out this week that Michael Jackson was gay. Are you shocked, don't believe it, don't care or felt he was all along? I really, really just wish the media would let the guy RIP.  Seriously, he's dead - let it go.


5. What's the dumbest thing you have done after a breakup with a S/O? Called his house when I knew he wouldn't be home, and in my sweetest Southern accent, left a msg with his mom that I'd only be visiting for the weekend and if he wanted to spend time with the baby he should let me know.  His mom met him at the door with a frying pan. hee hee hee.
 
6. If Berleen and Bud are standing on the roof of a one story building and decide to throw water balloons at Kimber walking down below on the sidewalk, what color balloon hits her first? OMG!  Seriously still with the throwing stuff off the roof??  By now if Kimber is smarter than a stump, she'll be staying inside!


7. What are the wildest, craziest pajamas you own? PJ's ... nope... sorry can't help you there.
 
8. Have you ever ridden in a sidecar on a motorcycle? Let me explain something.  I have serious control and trust issues.  It is hard for me to ride in a vehicle that someone else is driving.  A side car - wouldn't happen.  Ok maybe Mikey - but he won't even ride with a passenger in back.
 
9. Do/did you go party on Cinco De Mayo, and if so what color was the bartender's shirt? I believe, sad that without getting up and going to look in the hamper, I'm not sure, but I believe I was wearing green yesterday.  Here's a question for you.. if Americans eat Mexican food on May 5th - what do Mexican's eat?
 
10. Why does a hat have a bill? Not all hat's have bills.  And now on a serious not - since I started sometimes wearing glasses, I have discovered that wearing glasses in the rain is a PIA, so I either take them off or wear a hat with a bill.
 
11. If you were a WWE professional wrestler, what would your stage name be? I think we should ask Thom.  This sounds like one of his quizzes.  ( hmf I didn't know there were 2 z's in quizzes.)

12. How many keys do you have on your keyring? 5
 
13. What is the oldest picture you currently have in your home? What year was it taken and who/what is the photo of?  I believe that it would be this one.  It is of my great, great grandparents.  Taken sometime in the late 1800's - I could find out exactly from my cousin Norm, but I think it's close enough.


On  my mom's side I'm not sure which of these two is older, on is of my grandparents, one is of my great grandmother and my mom.  I'm guessing that's the older one- circa 1936 or 37.

 
 

4 comments:

  1. OMG your Stress reduction kit LOL Too funny. :) And I love your question you pose on number 9 and how's that for being smarter than a stump. LOL Love the photos my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great photos of your family, what a treasure to have

    I changed the contest to a random drawing of everyone who takes part in the swap Sign you up??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never laughed so hard.. I would consider doing this Thunk, but it would take up way to much time for me right now. I have a billion things to do today. I am already behind by being on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great pictures! I wish I had pictures like that. I have seen two picture of my great grandmother. I remember her however but it would still be nice to have more pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.