Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reading update.

First I read An Irish Country Village.  It is the second book in the Irish Country Doctor Series that I started a few months ago by reading the most recent book in the series. It is the continuing story of Dr Barry Laverty a newly licensed rural GP in Northern Ireland.  His irascible senior Dr, Dr O'Reilly, indomitable housekeeper Mrs "Kinky" Kincaid and his burgeoning Romance with civil engineering student, Patricia , who is trying to win a scholarship to study in Cambridge, England. All the characters of a rural village are there as entertaining as ever.  Each book only covers a couple months worth of time, so is a snapshot of life in the early 60's in Northern Ireland.  I've really enjoyed this visit - even though I usually stick to Ireland itself and not the 6 counties.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.