Thursday, November 3, 2016

Self Striping Yarn Studio

So nothing new to show you.  Started a pair of cabled knit socks and a crochet shawlette/scarf.  My husband sat on my beaded shawl and I dropped stitches (no lifeline lectures please) and I've been too hectic to sit down and figure it out.  I recently picked up 2 knitting books from the library so I'll post those instead.


Self-Striping Yarn Studio: Sweaters, Scarves, and Hats Designed for Self-Striping YarnSelf-Striping Yarn Studio: Sweaters, Scarves, and Hats Designed for Self-Striping Yarn by Carol J. Sulcoski

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Excellent for the adventurous beginner who's had a few projects under their belt. It goes over the differences in yarns, variegated vs striped, near stripes, wide vs narrow stripes, even vs variable, self patterning yarns, transitions, sharp vs gradual, gradients, ply-shifters, repeats, predicting what your yarn will do, joining a new ball, common trouble spots and fibers.

Honestly, it appears that the patterns are well written, but the only one that actually tempts me is the Saturnalia Vest.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.