Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No tomatoes/peppers/eggplant today!

I, once again have a sinus infection!  I am not a happy camper!  I just had one that took most of April to throw!  I seriously do not have  the time to be sick right now.  It's the last 3 weeks of Angie's high school career.  There is the prom, the senior awards banquet, the spring sports banquet, placement tests in Philly, graduation.  Ugh!  So cross fingers for me guys!

In the mean time, here's some pic's of non-nightshade plants on my balcony.

IMAG0038.jpg
My cucumbers

IMAG0039.jpg
One of my herb window boxes.  Italian paersely, garlic chives, oregano and thyme. (yes since I had extra a few of my pots got solar landscape lights - makes my balcony look pretty at night)

IMAG0040.jpg
This is a curry plant.  Now, curry is a blend of different spices, which is why jamaican curry tastes different than indian curry which tastes different than Chinese curry which is different than Japanese curry.  But there is a common "curriness" to all of these. Well this plant smells like curry! it's very cool, and you can cook with it.  Not sure yet what I'm going to do with it.

IMAG0042.jpg
Rosemary

IMAG0044.jpg
My mom calls these "shiso"  I think they are called beefsteak plants in English.  My daughter likes the leaves oven dried and ground into a powder with roasted sesame seeds and a bit of salt.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you get better real soon. You know I missed all my graduation stuff because I had to havevsurgery. Bummers!!! Beautiful photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks great! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.