Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Ordinary Spaceman

The Ordinary Spaceman: From Boyhood Dreams to AstronautThe Ordinary Spaceman: From Boyhood Dreams to Astronaut by Clayton C. Anderson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A great read - story of how a kid from Nebraska achieves his goal of US astronaut after 15 years and 15 application tries. How he ends up in mgmts "penalty box" which while cutting short his career after the end of the STS program, did allow him to stay himself. The credit he gives his wife, family and faith, as well as the heartbreaking death of his mom a month after he returned to earth. The amazing experiences he has in space, training for space and life in general are a great inspiring read.

(also as someone who has motion sickness issues - it's great to know that astronauts also have puking issues!)




And I must confess, the Columbia and the Challenger tragedies still make me cry


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.