Thursday, July 8, 2010

 Heatwave

Welcome to the July 8th edition of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog... simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!

Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Please mention us in your post, and link back to the blog
here.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That's what all this is about after all, isn't it?
We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....
The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of my eyes and the number 333333.

1. The temperature in Mooseheadville, Canada was 34 below. Most of the U.S. is in a serious heat wave. In Connecticut, it was 92 degrees in the shade. What do YOU do to beat the heat? As little as possible - mostly indoors in AC!

2. What is your favorite summertime song? Right now it's Summertime.  Of course, Margaritaville is always a classic.

3. Besides nude beaches what's your favorite outdoor summer activity?Racing!! smoke!

4. I'm inviting everyone to a cook-out with Kimber and Berleen. What should I cook for you? You're using charcoal not propane right?  If so I'll take a 3/4" thick shell steak.

5. When selecting your swimwear do you go for sexy or practical? Ocean or Pool?  I get into some serious body surfing at the Ocean, so that would have to be practical.  At a pool we can do sexy, although when you're in shape and said shape is round, that could be kind of tough.  In my youth it was always sexy.

6. Back in the day, did you ever have a summer fling? If yes, do tell. (Names not required.) Yes, every summer high school and college.  The one that most recently came up, is it turns out that between junior and senior year of high school, I went with a guy who was a lifeguard one town down from my grandparents shorehouse.  Turns out he was and still is bff's with a guy who is now a really good friend of mine.

7. Do you know anyone who hates air conditioning? If yes, what is their reasoning?Maybe vegetarians?  They seem to like to skip out on the good stuff in life?  Don't know any personally.

8. When and with who was your last skinny dip? Weekend after college graduation - with my "summer fling" from the year before.

9. How sick of LeBron James are you? Ok anyone who knows me in real life knows I'm a sports fanatic.  Football (49ers) Hockey (Devils) Baseball (Mets) All forms of Racing.  Basketball not at all.  I seriously don't have any appreciation for it.  So since I ignore his existence - not at all.

10. When you were a kid, what was your best summer? 1975.  Met my bestest friend ever.

11. Belly up to the bar. We serve ANYTHING. It's 100 degrees. What should we pour for you? ICE COLD SMITHWICKS,

12. Is there a favorite meal that you like to have in the summer? Grilled dead animal, grilled white corn, grilled portabellas, zuccini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes.   my second fav would be any other meal that can be 100% done on the grill.

13. Do you think they will solve the oil spill in time for the Gulf states to enjoy summer.  Not very optimistic.

3 comments:

  1. SMITHWICKS? Do tell. Love your number 5 have a great Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for Margaritaville too :)

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/if-we-survive-the-heat-we-too-can-live-to-be-100/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. No Thunks. It comes out too late. It's just like the Dating Profile Meme. Came out to late for me to do so I just don't do 'em :) Oh well. I'm sure they will survive without my wit and sarcasm LOL Thanks for the info on Smithwicks :)

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.