Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Way Too Hot - so read 3 by the AC

Sam and Izzy are having a baby, Izzy keeps getting weird premonitions over an abandoned baby car seat.  Aunt Nell is in hovering overdrive, a 19 year old ne'er do well and a blind old fisherman get murdered, there's pot being grown in the roof of a building in town.  All these must be solved a nd wrapped for Izzy's baby to come into a peaceful world.  If you must go to Sea harbor - go as a tourist, it only seems to be people connected to the town that keep getting murdered!  Good quick summer read - I had the killer's spouse not the killer in my sights.


Several people suggested Maggie Sefton to me, so I read the first in her Knitting Mystery series.  I almost gave up on it several times - but as it was the only book I had in my car at lunch times, and my phone didn't charge properly one night, so I stuck it out.  Ms Sefton doesn't build her characters or suck you into their lives as quickly as other authors seem to do. At about 25% of the way through the book, my favorite character was Carl, the Rottweiller.  Just over 1/3 of the way through, I started to want to know who did it, and by the last 1/4  I read straight through until I got to the end.

I've requested the next book in the series for both series, but dated them for August.  I've gotten to want to know whats up with Goldenbaum's Seaside Knitters and I'm going to see if the character  build in Sefton's next book is any faster (after all I already know the key players) 

Quick update - I've read 41 books so far this year for the Goodreads reading challenge. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have read both these authors avidly, I am up to like book 13 with Maggie Sefton and it was the one I liked the least, I have almost all of them on my kindle but will check to see which ones I own of hers and Sally's and lend them to you I love the Seaside Mysteries those and the Black sheep are my current favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.