Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Brodeur: Beyond the Crease

Brodeur: Beyond the CreaseBrodeur: Beyond the Crease by Martin Brodeur

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Very well written, it's like you hit a bar for an evening each chapter and Marty just talked about hockey stuff, teams, games, money, lockouts, coaches (serious bromance with Lou) how his personal life fit in, the Olympics, growing up in Montreal, his motorcycles. I've always admired Marty's play, calmness (ok his not mine when he went out of the net for a puck) , his ethics, team play and that only increased after reading the book.

My favorite part of the book?? Him disciplining his son for acting like a Ranger's fan.... just loved it!!!

I hope he someday writes a book on the second half - this book ends before the Devil's moved to the Rock in Newark - he played a lot more big games, broke a lot more records. I'd also like to hear why (I'm pretty sure it was because of Lou - although he was playing less to let Schneider play more - sucks getting old) he broke my heart and went to the Blues, and especially Blues management.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who willingly goes to the Blahs must have a serious TBI. It's really the only reasonable explanation.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.