Friday, July 22, 2016

Danger Dogs


July is apparently National Hot Dog Month.  So to honor the month, and because they seemed really decadently yummy, I made Guy Fieri's Danger Dogs.  Stuffed with pickled jalapenos and pepper jack cheese (don't think the cheese was in the original recipe - but you know me and following directions) I did use uncured Sabrett hot dogs and uncured Oscar Meyer bacon to avoid the sodium nitrite.  I wish I took a picture of them in the bun with topping, but I ate the evidence!  I think they would be just as good with beef hot dogs and bacon --- so Min can eat them too!  Someone did ask if it would be good with turkey hot dogs and bacon.... um I really really really would starve before I found out... I don't do either food.

1 comment:

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.