Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Curling

Curling (For the Love of Sports)Curling by Annalise Bekkering

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It is a 23 page "book", pretty sure it's written for kids. Keeping that in mind, it does explain the basics of the sport (which I've watched, but didn't really know what was going on - I saw it as shuffle board on ice) So now I know the basic rules, scoring, positions, the fact that the ice is colder, thus harder, than hockey ice, the "pebbles" are actually ice droplets from water misted onto the ice, the ancient formation of the sport (apparently we can blame Scotland for this sport as well as golf)

Since I'm being sucked into trying the sport, potentially joining a league, at least I will have a clue. Wish me luck!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.