Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rats, Triscuits, Socks, Aphrodite

 I am slowly, very slowly coming out of my knitting funk.  Can I blame  my phone?  The ability to check out Ravelry, Twitter and IM during my lunch hour seriously encroaches on lunchtime knitting.  Not to mention Sudoku at my finger tips.  It's kind of ironic that the more time I spend on Ravelry, the less time I have for knitting.

I did knock out a few projects recently though.  As some of you may know Felix Jung recently lost his big brother Ocs.  Since I spent time in Philly visiting with his mom, Min last week I thought I would bring him a couple of toys.  First his "Triscuit" (Its supposed to be a mouse, but I don't think so)

Fe's triscuit

Since I wasn't happy with the Triscuit, I decided to use Wendy Johnson's pattern for a felted mouse.  Which I think came out more like a rat.  I knew I had a winner when I pulled it out of the washing machine at the laundromat , by the tail , and the woman who worked there screamed!  Yes!!

Fe's rat

rIMAG0170
The funnel is to stuff the rat's ass with catnip.

Here's a pic of Fe sleeping it off after:
Fe in his fortress

I also finished my first sock and started my second last week.

IMAG0194.jpg

And I finally started working on my VJAC afghan - after receiving my starter squares in February! I know leave it to me to wait for a heat wave to start an afghan! 

Oh, and I also am almost done with a "minion" just need bigger googly eyes.  And I made a Angel/Dunkin Donuts inspired Valkyrie.  ( Angie's room is Dunkn Donuts Pink and Dunkin Donuts Orange - a fact she didn't realize until later) Both of these projects are crochet.








You Are Aphrodite!






A total shining star with a ton of admirers

And no wonder: you live life to the fullest!

When things get bad, you can easily take off to a happier place

But occasionally, you need to deal with problems head on



   

3 comments:

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.