Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Dare Me

Finished reading : I Dare Me, How I Rebooted and Recharged My Life by Doing Something New Every Day by Lu Ann Cahn


I think a lot of people can gain from reading this book.  It's really easy as adults to fall into a rutt, for everything to be stuck, and wait for something BIG to pull you out.  My great-grandfather used to say the reason time goes by so much faster for adults than for kids is because everyday starts looking like every other day, so they all blend together.  And to make matters worse, we all start looking for the weekend at 8am on Monday morning - so we blur through the week, the weekend can't live up to our expectations every week,, so we're looking for the next weekend.  When you're a kid everyday has something new, or different or unusual - good or bad.  To be honest, I'm not entirely sure today's couch potato/ never set foot outside in the sunlight have that, but when I was a kid we did.

Some of the stuff Cahn does is just crazy,  I'm never going to zip line through the Mexican jungle.  I never plan on BEING in the Mexican jungle.  I think what I'm attracted to is the inspiration of the little things she does in her book.  While we all wait for something BIG to happen, we bemoan the fact that we don't have the time or money to make these big things happen, and we dig the rutts we're stuck in even deeper.  SOme of the things she did takes no money and almost no time.  I know that I personally can find things in my life everyday that I can try to do differently,  and I plan on trying.  No, you aren't getting a video blog like she did for a year - I may mention them from time to time.  And no, those of you who know me personally already know, I really don't care if people around me think I'm nuts.  Most people do anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.