Wednesday, December 30, 2015

One Drawback to my Library...

My library has a feature by which you can automatically be put on a waiting list for any new releases by your favorite authors. Awesome, right? Yes! Usually.. except in Brenda Novak's Whiskey Creek series, I've read the first 3 books, then a Winter Wedding --- book #9 came out at the end of October.. and last week I got the e-mail that I had a book ready for pick-up.  As I read it I realized that there were people together/ had more than one child when they had no relationship even/ doing things.. I definitely missed a book or two. I then checked Goodreads ( I don't remember if it was Min or Teresa that got me on there - but Thank You!) I had in fact missed 6 books.. sigh.  It really tested the theory of can you read this book if you haven't read the previous books in the series?  The answer is YES.  It was fine alone. I'm not sure if it will have spoiled the previous unread books though.  It was  a nice, sweet, quick read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.