Thursday, June 10, 2010

Duct tape and patio furniture

Welcome to the June 10th edition of Thursday Thunks!
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!

We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog... simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!

Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Please mention us in your post, and link back to the blog
here.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That's what all this is about after all, isn't it?
We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....


The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of my rocking tan I've got going and the number 45.

Driver's Ed. Demon #1 is taking it right now. Did you pass your driver's test the first time you took it?  Yes.  I failed my motorcycle test the first time I took it, for putting my foot down twice.

You are sitting outside on your deck in your comfy lawn chair, feet are up and the temp outside is perfect. There are no bugs to bite you and ruin the night... it's peaceful and all you can hear is the birds singing and an occasional cricket. Whats in your hand? Either a Smithwicks, or a margarita.  Depends on my mood.

How many graduation parties and weddings do you have to attend this summer? Ok.. how many are you invited to? 6. 7 if you include Angie's barbeque.  5 are the girl's she hangs out with, one is her "boy toy"

There is no other choice in the matter - you must transform into a different race, but the catch is that you get to pick which race. What will you now be? That's kind of tough.  What race am I?  I really don't feel like a belong to a race to start.  You can't change to something different if you don't start as something can you?  I mean I'm English,Scottish, Swedish, French, German, Comanche and Japanese.  I don't look white, I don't look Native American , I vaguely look oriental - but most people guess Hawaiian. I don't feel like any of them.  Angie is all that and African American and unknown Native American.  So what could she change into?

Someone once said that the grass isn't greener on the other side... are you jealous of your neighbor's lawn? I'm more likely to be checking out their flower beds or veggie gardens.

Bud is walking along a beach barefooted and steps on a piece of glass buried deep in the sand. His foot is bleeding... does he cry, swear or stomp around on his other foot? My guess is all three, and then find the twins for some first aid.

I'm gonna take you fishing... are you going to be a whiney baby and not bait your own hook and when you catch a fish am I gonna have to take it off the hook for you? I used to go fishing all the time on my uncle's boat.  Let me describe an average trip.  Board the boat, put on the ban de soleil or hawaiian tropic oil (no spf)  spread my blanket on the bow, put on my sunglasses, lay down go to sleep.  After lunch, repeat but lay on the other side.  Usually at some point end up overboard courtesy of my cousins.  
What hook? what bait?  when I wake up there are fish in the cooler, I really don't understand your question.

From a Facebook friend: When asked what would you bring with you to a deserted island, why doesn't anyone answer "a boat"? After my day at work today, why would I want a boat? Then I'd have to come back.  Give me a stash of yarn, and a beer cooler, maybe a cute guy and I'm good.

Hamburger buns - sesame seeds or not?Poppy seeds.

From Demon #1: Whats your favorite flavor of water? ok, I'm as likely to drink water as the wicked witch of the west.  so coffee.
starbucks
Eclipse is coming out this month... are you going to see it?no, nyet, nada, oya, nda, k'amaj, c'am, n...taj, tssa, haw, hawaa, nee, geen, atsa, mah nguh, ie, iyayi, non, ne, nej (is that enough are you getting the picture?)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE! poppy seeds on bread too....not just buns...all breads. Cool.

    And, reading the comment you left me, I'd really like to see some of the snoods your daughter has. If you ever post photos of them [especially ones dealing with the holiday] let me know!!! Purdy please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I've got to count on people I've made up for first aid, I'm in BIG trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED your last two answers! Water is my last choice of beverage and I totally don't get the whole vampire thing.

    Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.