Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Calendar events are scary when they are new colors

Welcome to the April 8th edition of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog... simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That's what all this is about after all, isn't it?
We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....

The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of my dad's shirt and the number 77, which is how old my dad is today....
*We will now be publishing updates for Thursday Thunks on Facebook via the InsanityCafe fanpage. Please "like" us there to get your TT reminder!

Sorry it's late this week. No excuses. Just forgot what day it was.

1. How long can you hold your breath? Don't tell me you don't know... try it.Don't hold your breath

2. Have you been watching the Decorah Eagles?If only they would start pecking out the eyes of stoopid people I might,  but no.

3. Ever fallen off a horse?More like got thrown, repeatedly.  During high school and college, one of my jobs was helping saddle break horses, and also exercising horses.

4. Pick a color and a number and come up with a combination name for the new color.Read the next answer.  I had 6 vials of blood removed today,  I do not have enough left to fuel my brain on a question like this.

5. Write a paragraph about 10 minutes of your morning, writing it in the 3rd person.So the poor woman, who made an appointment btw, waited to be taken - after drinking the 50 oz of water she was told to drink between 4am and 8am so it would be easier to pull her blood.  She really, really had to pee, but was afraid to because she knew she needed to pee in the cup and didn't want to have to wait to make more.  FINALLY her name was called.  SHe grabbed the cup, tossed the paperwork and her insurance card at the vampire on duty, and ran into the ladies room. 

When she returned, the laughing vampire brought her into the torture room.  She averted her eyes while the vampire tried in vain to find her veins in her elbows, she got another vampire who was also unsuccessful.  They checked her hand- but since the poor woman had a history of veins closing decided they couldn't get all the vials filled that way- especially since the woman had told her tormentors that they had one shot only to get their blood.  There was a brief discussion of the feet - at which point the woman told them exactly where her size 9's would end up if they even thought of trying that.  So they used the vein in the middle of her forearm, and it hurt a lot.  It took an hour for her fingers to stop feeling tingly. 

6. What events have you marked on your calendar for this summer already?Angie moving home from school, 2 NASCAR races, 3 ARCA races, a Grand Am race, a truck race, 2 demolition derbies, and a football beefsteak fundraiser. 

7. If you could have any realistic talent, what would it be?I wish I could carry a tune.

8. What is the scariest place you've ever visited?I had to measure this guys townhouse for a carpet install.  It was a really ritzy complex- units started at $800K.  He seemed like a pleasant older man.  He had a sex dungeon.  He had all kinds of ... stuff.  He wanted to be sure the carpet he chose was easy to clean and very stain resistant.

9. If you were a cat, what already-made flavor of cat food (no chocolate flavors!) would you want to eat?I know they make seafood- do they make Lobster - in fancy feast or something?  otherwise Salmon.

10. What were you doing the Friday 2 weeks ago in the afternoon?
Having lunch with my friend Grace, Knitting in Public!

3 comments:

  1. OMG your 5 is soooo good...I'd have to go for the lobster as well. :) LOL on your number 1 :) You kill me most of the time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK to #8!! Was it Thom's condo? Just wondering... ;)

    Poor thing - assuming it was you the vampires were poking repeatedly - I share that problem. I also always forget to drink water before I go in for tests, and I'm chronically dehydrated too. Good thing she loves me, and she's gentle! She always gives me a hug and calls me her "favourite beautiful singer, Jenny-fer" (she's Egyptian, and absolutely adorable) . Makes getting poked repeatedly a little easier to bear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 -- I have been on a horse 7 time. I have fallen off of a horse 7 times. Enough said?

    I can carry a tune. I have a boom box!

    I have no idea what I was doing yesterday afternoon -- remembering two weeks ago is out of the question!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.