Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sensational Haiku Wednesday

Written By: Jenn - Apr• 13•11
Sensational Haiku Wednesday
Sensational Haiku Wednesday

Welcome to “Sensational Haiku Wednesday!”

Click here for info and background on this weekly event!
The basics:
Haiku is simple! It is 3 non-rhyming lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables respectively (a great way to use your fingers!)

This week’s theme is: Attention

Don't have attention

They say I must pay, I can't

I have none to give.

 

They think I don't try,

My brain is a pin ball in

an arcade machine.


Hard to talk to me,

Can't talk as fast as I think

Friends learn to adjust.


My mom says "Focus!"

Granddad says "Ants in her pants!"

"Sit! Pay Attention!"

 

Now is not so bad.

I can juggle lots at work.

Rarely drop a ball.


Must pay attention?

I've gotten along just fine.

Only life I know.


 

5 comments:

  1. "Ants in her pants!" I haven't heard that in years LOL Too funny and all well done ya Pin Ball LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the attitude of the only life you've known. Friends and I always debate which if knowing or not knowing would be preferable. Don't think there is an answer to that quandry.

    I talk very fast and friends are always telling me they can't understand me. I think, for me, it's just a matter of excitement combined with fear I won't get the opportunity to express myself or I'll forget what I said.

    Glad they have adjusted. Loved playing pinball. Sister and I would entertain ourselves for hours on end. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ".. My brain is a pin ball in
    an arcade machine."

    Vivid imagery here ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the narrative in your haiku poem :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the extremely apt description of the pinball machine. That's it, exactly. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.