Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Quickie

This is post #1005 for me.  Since May 2008.  I would have done a big 1000th post - but since I don't always hit the dashboard, I missed it - and 1005 is just kind of lame don't you think??

Grace came over this afternoon - She didn't get lost!! I had a great time as always.  Grace was my partner for her mystery yarn ball swap.  (finally - we've been in sooooo many swaps together but never get partnered!)  So what was very cool was getting to watch her open/unwind her swap.  Although calling it a ball was a bit of an exaggeration

IMAG0441

Grace has some dietary restrictions - and so for dessert (yes starting with dessert) I found a great recipe that uses oats and quinoa to create the crumble crust for a fruit crumble ( I made blueberry - they looked best)  Of course do I read the directions??? NOOOOOOOooooooooo.  So the topping needs to be pre-baked and then baked on top of the fruit.  I didn't make it until this afternoon - because crumbles should be warm.  So she was just trapped here longer! 

We had salmon, bacon, arugula, brie & spread made of sourcream and dill sammies, and a spring greens salad.  Totally yummy I thought - I hope she enjoyed it as well.

1 comment:

  1. I truly did enjoy visiting with you at your home, it was a nice relaxing afternoon before coming home to the you know what hitting the fan. The food was delicious and I appreciated your effort at meeting my culinary needs. Thank you for all my swap goodies!!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.