I have revived my dumpling bag. It was relegated to the almost done pile, because I wasn't happy with how the vine looked after felting. I recently saw several dumpling bags that were embroidered after felting, and they looked good. So I thought about it, and I bought the heaviest embroidery floss that AC Moore and Michaels carry. I got gold, black and white, I think I'm only going to use the gold and white.
I went over the vines with the gold. I tried out french knots with the white and wasn't happy. I then tried a funny three petaled flower with a beaded french knot in the center. So eventually the bag will be done.
My mystery bag has all 4 sides done- I need to knit the top and do a icord bind off and seam the sides, then I'll be ready for the final clue. I did cheat a little and wove all the ends in ( which I'm assuming is in clue 5 somewhere. ) One of the KAL participants had mentioned that it would be easier when the bag was flat. Also that the stem stitch embroidery was easier. I don't have a picture of the stem stitch outline and veining on the leaf.
Look how many ends I wove in!!