Monday, September 13, 2010

Project Me (2)

A week has gone by, and I'm not sure exactly how much I've accomplished.  

I was going to weigh myself this afternoon, tough to lie to a scale.  But I have discovered, after locating the scale in the linen closet, that it needs a new battery.  So, later in the week then.  And don't even kid yourself that I'm going to tell you how much I weigh.  I'm not going there.  But I will let you know if it goes up or down and by how much.  There may be a widget I can put on the side, I'll look into it.


It did cool down considerably last week, and there is a large pond/ small lake on the border of my town and another called Park's Lake.  And there is a park around it, complete with walking/running trail.  I believe it's a half mile (if I remember correctly).  On three afternoons last week, I walked from 2 to 3 laps. I was going to walk 3 laps this weekend with Curt, but he was busy on Saturday, and it poured yesterday.  But three afternoons is better than none, right?  I did not go today as I had a considerable number of errands to deal with, but weather permitting I should be able to go every day (maybe only 1 lap on Thur) this week.  I think I just need to make it a habit. 

Another thing I did, was drink a bottle of water every day.  i know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I rarely drink water.  My main beverage in life is coffee, with the occasional tea thrown in.  I really don't like water, unless I am extremely thirsty, or on a road trip (don't ask how that make sense, I blame my relatives).  The way I made sure I had a bottle of water, was that I brought my lunch 4 out of 5 days last week.  My "lunch" was basically half a breakfast.  I leave for work at 330 am.  I do not wake up early enough to eat.  ( I set the coffee pot on timer, so I do have time to fill 2 travel mugs on my way out)   By 1030, I'm usually hungry.  So when I go out for another cup of coffee, I end up getting oh a Sonic's breakfast burritto, or a DD grilled cheese flat bread, or  a spicy chicken snack wrap from Wendy's.  So I made a bagel thin sandwich, cut it in half , made myself eat half with my first cup of coffee, and put the second half in a cooler with a frozen water bottle.  So I didn't buy any crap food last week, and by the time I got off work between 1 -230, I had an ice cold, but not very frozen water bottle.  This week my big goal is to watch my portion size at dinner.  

I finished my biography ( all 533 pages of it) and have started Alice.  I have managed to read anywhere from 20 min to an hour, almost every day.  I joined goodreads to keep tabs on my reading, and may eventually put a widget on my sidebar.  Currently it wouldn't  do any good, because I spent a lot of time this weekend, while trying not to overreact, and remind myself that sports isn't life or death (not very successfully most of the time I might add) going through various lists on Goodreads and checking off the books that I have read already ( much better for my self-esteem than the 1001 list)  So the widget would show weird books I read 10 years ago.  And just to show that I really am not out to retake English Lit from hell,  I did check out a nora Roberts book when I returned my biography this afternoon.

Hopefully I haven't bored you all to tears with this post!  Another post in a week!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you on taking your lunch and the water. To good things for you to do. I'm a junk food fanatic. I should do that as well. I'll be anxious to see the widgets. Continued good luck on this endeavor. Oh and sports is well. EVERYTHING. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so afraid you would never read light things again. I have no desire to get into the deep stuff, I really don't think it is going to change my life.

    Glad to hear about the walking, I am hoping to get there at some time myself!!!

    My weigh in report is Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive changes! It just makes you feel so great. I love the idea of bringing your own food and cutting out the junk.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.