Sunday, September 5, 2010

Thom Hit Me!

 My friend Thom at Thom's Place got tagged with this and then he tagged me! I am to answer 8 questions and then tag 8 others. Thom has a contest going on, on his blog with the prize being a $20 gift card to anyplace he can get a giftcard online.  All you have to do is be the first to correctly guess how many people will complete his tag by Wednesday, and you have to do the tag.


So here are my answers:
1. Why did you start blogging? A lot of my knitting friends had blogs to record their knitting problems and show off their knitting successes.  I don't know a lot of knitters in real life so before RAvelry, it was a way to communicate with others.  It also was a way to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with Angie.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world with no restriction of costs, where would it be and why? I would spend 9 months traveling all around Ireland, followed by 3 months in whichever little Irish town I liked best in a little cottage heated by peat.  I guess because growing up, there were Italians, Irish, a smattering of Jews and me.  I've been to Italy, (love to spend a year travelling through the Itallian countryside) I've always figured I'd be one of the foreign tourists killed in the strife around the Holy Land.  My Irish friends grandparents however, told such wonderful, magical stories of Ireland.   And reading fiction makes Ireland sound so wonderful, while being a knitter I covet Irish yarn (love thier sweaters!)  AND let's be honest - the ale!  My absolute hands down favorite beer Smithwicks is imported here from Ireland!
3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influence on your life? If so, what? Three actually.  All from high School.  Mr Eineker was an amazing math teacher, the first person to ever make math fun, not boring.  Mr Beirne who I had for 2 years of physics, who also introduced me to the local astronomy club and encouraged my fascination with astrophysics.  Mr Holland, my french teacher, who I had for 2 years before he was promoted to head of the Language dept.  I worked in his office that last year.   All three, while totally different, seemed to be the only ones in my school career, that could breakthrough my boredom and actually make me interested, like and even love the concepts they taught.  I still love math, am fascinated by physics, ski every few years in Quebec for the french. And the best way to marry math and physics? Mech Engineering. And it was in school for this that I met Curt.
4. If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be, and what would you do?Leonardo DaVinci. Whatever he was doing that day.  The man was the ultimate ADD genius.  Art, Engineering, life sciences .
5. Toilet paper – over or under?What is wrong with people??  It's under.  WHy is this an ongoing question?
6. Name one thing in your life that you would do over if possible. Not get fat.
7. Tell about your pets – if any.Well, there's Carl, and Hugo, and Abel - oh you meant animals didn't you?  oops...
8. Do you live in a small town or a large town. (You don’t have to name the town.)Geographically large (46 or 49 square miles)  but really a Mayberry ish suburb.


Now for my  victims
 
Grace - Lovin Comfort Knits
Catherine - Bean Counting Knitter 
Amanda- Bloggin with Amanda
Teresa- Girl With Needles 
Curt (don't think he'll do it)- Netman 
Julie - JuleeQue
 

2 comments:

  1. It's a continual debate because people like you continually ger it wrong. LOL BWAHAHAHA on the pets. Loved your answer to traveling. Ireland huh. Bet we could get some good ale there. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely answers! I really enjoyed reading that :) I so agree about how important good teachers are for making math/physics interesting. Sadly, I never seemed to get any of those!! Sigh.... But my junior high science teacher?? Now he was something :)

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.