Sunday, October 3, 2010

Eggplants!

Been awhile since I mentioned my garden (it was really rainy, and an odd garden year.  Great for peppers not so good for tomatoes and eggplant should have been ripe a month ago!)

SO here are the exotic eggplant I picked this morning, the gold are Kermits and the red are Tiogas

IMAG0350

IMAG0353

I also picked some more poblanos

IMAG0352

I have some heirlooms that aren't ripe yet. I hope they turn red, but if not can you say fried green tomatoes?
IMAG0351

2 comments:

  1. These are very nice. Hey how's that planter thing that you and Curtis built? You haven't talked about that or shown us pictures in like forever on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eggplants. I did not know about red eggplants! Wow I need to find them and try next year. I think this weekend I was on you tube and someone made chicken soup with green tomatoes. I think I typed in how to cook chicken stock or chicken soup. Your pepper look great too!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.