Saturday, October 16, 2010

YES, I am still here.

Rough week at work,  had a background headache that sort of ebbed and flowed into my consciousness all week.  So forgive me if this is not the most inspired post.

Thom asked me about my vertical garden.  Seems good to me after the season, one plant died, but the rest seem pretty robust.

IMAG0365.jpg

We definitely are into that fall late afternoon light in that picture and you can see the spruce tree has started dropping it's needles.  We've had a definite frost, so my eggplant and tomatillos are toast, but my tomatoes and peppers don't seem to get it and have been flowering and setting new fruit.  Seems sad to pull them up.  My hanging basket flowers also seem to be optimistic.


IMAG0366


Fall flowers are here - loving the mums and daisies!


IMAG0367.jpg


I can't get a picture of how truly deep and rich the red mums are, but you get the idea.  I have finished 2 crochet projects and a knit one, but they are for swaps so until they get to their intended recipients I can't post the pictures.  My two bags were put on temporary hold until those got done, so I hope to be felting next weekend!


SInce I have been feeling considerable  stress this week I figured I'd share 2 stress quizes:




You Are Driven Stressed



You have a lot of stress in your life, but a lot of it is your own doing.

You put a lot of pressure on yourself. You have high standards, and you won't stop until you meet them.



You can become work and goal obsessed. You sometimes suffer from too much micromanagement.

Slow down and give yourself a break. When it comes to stress, you are your own worst enemy.


        





Your Stress Level is: 54%



You are somewhat prone to stress, especially when life gets hard.

When things are good, you resist stressing over little problems.

But when things are difficult, you tend to freak out and find it hard to calm down.


       

1 comment:

  1. Well stranger...glad you are a okay. Thanks for sharing that vertical garden. It looks excellent. Love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.