Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday Thunks - Hootin'Anni Style

Welcome to the October 21st edition of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog... simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That's what all this is about after all, isn't it?
We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....

Today's questions are brought to you by the color purple, witches' brooms, the number 800-555-1000, and hootin' anni.

1] We all love snuggly things, right? In your own words, explain how the "X" and "O" became symbols for kisses and hugs!  Because a great kiss can have the same take your breath away impact as a knock out punch - so X for a kiss,  And a hug can just surround you and cocoon you from the world so O envelopes you in a hug!
 
 

2] Besides eliminating sticks, what would you put in a non-stick pan? Well tonite it will be sauteed mushrooms and gnocchi.

3] x=y over pi squared. What are your thoughts on crematoriums having discounts on those that die in fires? OMG!!  The thought of being cremated is the biggest creep out to me ever!  Burned - alive or dead makes me shudder!

4] Tongue twisters are fun...but, it's torture to try to say lisp with that "s" in the word. What is your favorite tongue twister? Risque answers get extra credit! I don't know any except for the She sells Sea Shells, or Peeter Piper and his Peppers

5] Cold weather is coming up. If it's zero degrees Fahrenheit, and tomorrow night it's predicted to be twice as cold, what temperature will it be?Well 0 degrees Farenheit is -17 degrees Celcius, So twice that is -34 degrees Celcius  which is -29 degrees Farenheit.

6] Your significant other is upset with you, would you rather be skating on thin ice or be in hot water? Why?  I'm a hot head - which a lot of  my friends know.  So if I were skating on thin ice I'd just melt the ice and end up in hot water anyway.  My style is big all out fight, and then be over it (hot water) Curt is more roast and stew and avoid conflict (thin ice) and those differences are actually the biggest thing we fight about!

7] What's worse, expecting the unexpected or being a wise guy?  Any of you actually following my life know that at this point the unexpected is the norm, and I'm usually a wise ass - so I think being in an rut of the expected or being boring is the worst.

8] What brand of vacuum cleaner sucks the best? Mine really sucks!!!  Hoover.  may lose suction and need to be emptied but I want that Dyson guy to show me how much dirt he actually vacuums up at once that it would be a pain to empty, or does he have already vacuumed concentrated dirt in his closet until next time?  We checked it out once,  Dyson doesn't lose suction as it fills, but if you have a half full or less Hoover you will get more suction.  And I empty mine every time I use it!
 
 

9] How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? Do you like playing with fire?  Cause you aren't trying to build a campfire in the pine needles at the side of the path??  Actually, thanks to some psychotic apocalyptic relatives, I can build a campfire w/o matches.  Can't tell you how unuseful that is in my life.

10] Toys R us...what was your favorite toy?  Really tough call,  my Robin Hood Long Bow? My Erector Set? my Etch a Sketch?, my Lincoln Logs? my Spirograph? my BeeBee Gun?  my chemistry set?

11] Halloween is near...let's go grave robbing....what would you like to find? How cool would it be to find an empty grave??
 
 

12] Do you wake up or open your eyes first? I'm not sure if it's a good idea to open your eyes before you wake up, what if you are face down on your pillow??
 

13] What mask would you wear to a Halloween Party? Masks make me claustrophobic. So i do makeup but no mask on Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.