Sunday, January 9, 2011

Feeling Domestic

i woke up this morning and for whatever reason was feeling domestic.  I made a batch of bacon cheddar scones for Curt and I for breakfast:

IMAG0517.jpg

Then since the Angie went on a 4 day road trip with some friends, I made them a batch of chocolate chip scones to take with them:

IMAG0519.jpg

Then I decided I was in the mood for roasted chicken and roasted potatoes/vegetables for dinner. So:

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

And lastly - because when I was making the scones I put an egg white in the buttermilk instead of the yolk, I experimented with a "healthy" cranberry white chocolate chip muffin.  I used the buttermilk and egg whites obviously. I used plain non fat yogurt, rolled oats, and ground flax.  I substituted 1/2 the sugar with some agave syrup. Oh and I couldn't resist adding some chopped pecans I had.

IMAG0527.jpg
color kind of washed out here. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I'm hungry. Time to go make the mushroom sauce for the pork chops.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.