Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pictures, Prize Pictures

This is  a very overdue post.  I needed to take some pictures, but by the time I thought about it it was too dark, and the lamps cast an odd glow on colors.   First up, in the beginning part of December Thom and Quilly had a 12 days of Christmas contest on their blogs based on Christmas movie quotes.  I won a prize package from Thom:

IMAG0504.jpg

There was an University of Hawaii Warriors t-shirt (promptly appropriated by the Angie)  dried green mangoes, honey roasted macadamia nuts, 2 keychains, a cool bottle with sand and shells in it, a memo pad, pack of cards and a refrigerator magnet clippy thing.

IMAG0513

Then My friend Sarah at RainLover Knits, had a raffle to help her pay for her graduations costs so she could walk at the graduation ceremony.  I won two skeins of Yellow fingering yarn!!  The funny thing is I knew I won but not what I won.  Yesterday morning I said to a friend of mine that I needed to get some yellow fingering or sock yarn - and last night in the mail as if by magic!

IMAG0510.jpg

Last but by no means last - I met up with Grace last week for breakfast, and we had a belated (I've been around knitters to long I almost wrote bleated) birthday breakfast.  Grace brought goodies!

IMAG0509.jpg

A tea chest filled with tea - I gave one section back to her because I would never drink it.  She got me a book of 101 patterns that use a skein of sock yarn or less ( a much needed book - given my collection of sock yarn) and since I have been on a mini sock kick she got me a mini sock blocker keychain with pattern.  And finally the piece de resistance :

IMAG0507.jpg

I was telling her that I wanted to knit the "Tappan Zee Vest" in red mercerized cotton.  She made it for me in Ella Rae superwash.  She tricked me by asking what size I was going to make to judge for a gift she was knitting.  She also included a heat shawl pin!  I wore it the rest of the day (changed into a black tank to show it off better when I got home)  

I am truly spoiled!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOOT some great pictures there. Angle looks so cute in that. Well she is anyways. Boy you made out like a bandit. Isn't it fun? Congrats and thanks for the shout out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you made out like a bandit this Christmas! I love that vest. Are you sure you can't come here and teach me how to knit?

    Thanks for the thanks. I am glad you played because it means I got to meet you, so I "won", too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very fortunate. The vest Grace made is gorgeous. Angie looks adorable in the tee too.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.