Thursday, January 6, 2011

I don't smoke!

So this is Thursday.... hmmm....  I've done Thunks on Thursday for so long that now that they are gone, I don't quite know what to do ;P

First, because of all the non-smoking support and comments from Yesterday's Haiku:  I don't smoke!  Seriously.  I used to smoke socially on some occasions - mostly at bars, in my early 20's.  Haven't had a puff in over 20 years.  Don't call myself an ex-smoker because I rarely had more than 5 or 6 cigarettes a week.  I was just looking at common New Year's Resolutions to make my poem up.  I would like to say Thank You to all my commentors.  It is good to know that if I did smoke and were trying to quit I'd have all you guys behind me!

Second, while some people have the impression I have a streak of June Cleaver in me - I really don't. I do enjoy cooking so I cook most of our food from scratch.  Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry or feeling lazy, and I don't have a standby in the freezer or fridge, I will try cheats from the store.  I saw the McCormmick Recipe Inspirations World flavors.  It IS expensive as a regular means of obtaining spices.  But for a night I was feeling lazy - there is all the spices pre-measured and a recipe card that cuts out of the back and it was on sale from $1.99 to 99cents.  I bought the Asian Salmon, some salmon, made some quick ginger honey glazed carrots and brown/wild rice. It was really good!

 I also bought  Chicken Tikka Massala.  I made that on a different night, served it over rice with a nice crisp tossed salad on the side.  I didn't follow the directions exactly ( ok except for baking I rarely do) but it came out really good too.

Hopefully by next Thursday I'll have a better plan than rambling, but I'm not making any promises!

2 comments:

  1. RiA -- do you have a camera? Join my Thursday photo challenge.

    Thanks for the review on the spice packet things. I looked at them at the store and considered grabbing a couple for quick meals, but I reminded myself I have measuring spoons and walked away. The thing is, sometimes I don't have an idea, and those spice packets do provide that ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something> what happened to the thunks?

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.