Monday, September 21, 2015

Harbinger's of cooler weather

If you've known me a while - you know I'm a winter person.  I love cold crisp air, love the way the light changes, love the early sunsets.  I love looking out in the evening and seeing Orion in the southern sky.  This time of year, the mums are all out in full force in the garden centers, but they aren't my favorite fall flowers.  Montauk daisies, have slightly leathery leaves, come back every year, and as long as we don't have an ice storm or a ton of rain - they will bloom into December.  So when my daisies start budding - I know it isn't long until the wonderful winter weather is back!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.