Thursday, September 17, 2015

Knitting News..

I attached the two sleeves of my Sleeves shrug, and started on the back.  I started my scoreboard KAL, I'm hoping the whole cowl looks like this:







     


One of the groups I belong to on Ravelry, it's a team group connected to Nerdopolis and Nerdwars, Bazinga (based on the Big Bang Theory- tv show not physics) had a pattern swap for the off month (the tournaments run three months, then there's a break and team sign ups, then the new tournament - like sports off season with all the trades etc) Pattern swaps can be fun - no mailing, no postage, you get one or two partners, there is a total spend limit of $20 for both together, you get your partners and the links to their pattern wishlists and pick one (I send 2 if they are small/cheap) .  The thank you thread can be dangerous - people post the pattern's picture with their thank you, and not just my queue grows.  I got three really great patterns this time around.  I've been looking at sweater patterns (totally Grace's fault.. LOL --- I'm not mad at you Grace!) and I was gifted this one:



Then I had been looking at knitted taxidermy and totally fell in love with Christmas Moose!!



Last - I've been wanting to make Dandy Sir Cephalopod forever!!  I even bought the wooden button moustache over a year ago!!  Now I need to find it LOL...




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how you joined the sleeves for the back, that is what screwed me up. I remember when you bought the mustache. I forgot all about my sweater plans, maybe next time, going to start my football scarf today!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.