Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Numerate Life

I found out after reading this book ( I follow Paulos on Twitter) that my daughter actually had him for Math class at Temple!! (I'm kind of jealous - I think his class would be fun)







A Numerate Life: A Mathematician Explores the Vagaries of Life, His Own and Probably YoursA Numerate Life: A Mathematician Explores the Vagaries of Life, His Own and Probably Yours by John Allen Paulos

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Not an autobiography although there are autobiographical pieces, somewhat cynical of biographies as a whole, interesting approach to applying math to real life (there is actual maths saying you will not be the most popular person on your chosen social network) Geometry shows why it's weird and bland and boring to be "normal" but don't worry very few of us are!


Really enjoyed this book - will be reading his prior books when I get a chance



View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.