Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Tempting the Highlander

Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4)Tempting the Highlander by Janet Chapman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Robbie McBain is all grown up and settled in his role as a Guardian. He has several foster boys that no one else wants to take in. He now has to travel back in time to where his father came from to try to save his clan. In the process he meets Cat (Catherine) running/hiding from a violent ex. One word ended my fantasy of traveling back to those times. Bedbugs. shudders...

The side story was heart wrenching. Ian McKeage wants Robbie to take him back so he can spend what time he has left with his wife who his heart has stayed true to for 35 years. Robbie figures that even tough he is going 10 years forward to where Ian left, the aging will be about equivalent. Ian has 4 days to say goodbye to everyone without actually saying goodbye. hearbreaking.



View all my reviews

Totally the wrong book for me to read right now.  I read it right in the middle of 5 days to say goodbye, and I was bawling.  Of course I spent about a full week crying anyway so can't just blame the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.