Friday, December 10, 2010
Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Simon and Garfunkel.
1. A HAZY SHADE OF WINTER But look around, the leaves are brown, And the sky is a hazy shade of winter. Oh, seasons change with scenery, weaving time in a tapestry, Won't you stop and remember me?
Do you think of someone special during Winter? Frosty!
2. BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER When you're down and out, When you're on the street, When evening falls so hard I will comfort you. I'll take your part.
What cheers you up? Snow, Curt, a hug from the Angie, Braun's sending C with my carpet, MMMBD ,one of my teams winning, new yarn..
3. EL CONDOR PASA I'd rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would. I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet.
When was the last time you went barefoot in the grass? Yesterday, running out to my car... yes it was 28 degrees, I just hate putting shoes on once I take them off andall my flip flops are in my bedroom closet.
4. AMERICA Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike, They've all come to look for America…
How do you entertain yourself during a traffic jam? Big reason I work from 4am - 130 pm?
No traffic at either time. What do I do in traffic? literally bang my head on the steering wheel and headrest.
5. SOUNDS OF SILENCE When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night And touched the sound of silence
What words would flash on your ideal neon sign? No stoopid people!
6. 59th STREET BRIDGE SONG Got no deeds to do, No promises to keep. I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all its petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy.
What was the last event that made you feel groovy?Not sure, but it had to involve a lot of alcohol.
7. RICHARD CORY The papers print his picture almost everywhere he goes: Richard Cory at the opera, Richard Cory at a show. And the rumor of his parties and the orgies on his yacht! Oh, he surely must be happy with everything he's got.
Do you make enough money to keep you happy? I thought I DID, until the Angie went to college and I started getting her bills.
8. THE BOXER In the clearing stands a boxer, And a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders Of ev'ry glove that laid him down
How do you feel about boxing as a sport? Heavyweights remind me of two tuskless walruses - and all they do is hug! I like the lower weights - my last favorite was DelaHoya.
9. MRS ROBINSON Hide in the hiding place where no one ever goes. Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes. It's a little secret just the Robinsons' affair. Most of all you've got to hide it from the kids.What was the last thing you hid from the kids or significant other in your home? Um Curt does read this occasionally you know!
10. I AM A ROCK I have my books And my poetry to protect me; I am shielded in my armor,
What item protects you? fists, guns, bows, brains
11. KATHY’S SONG I hear the drizzle of the rain Like a memory it falls Soft and warm continuing Tapping on my roof and walls.
What is your least favorite thing about rain?I love the rain, always have. Love the soft gentle caresses of rain in the summer, love the power and energy behind a good thunderstorm, love the peace behind a nice grey rainy day. I do not like the days that are not really drizzle more like heavy mist that are not wet enough for wipers but wet enough to annoy you on the windshield. I do not like people who complain about rain and then bitch about droughts.
12. HOMEWARD BOUND Home where my thought's escaping, Home where my music's playing, Home where my love lies waiting Silently for me.
What’s your favorite thing about your home? My home is my sanctuary. No stoopid people are allowed inside.
13. FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER The problem is all inside your head, she said to me The answer is easy if you take it logically I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free There must be fifty ways to leave your lover
What was the worst way you ever left a lover?ok, funny story. It was the late 80's, there was a gay bar on the other side of the lake from where I was living. To get there you had to drive about 3 miles down a wooded/unstreetlighted road from either direction of the 2 main highways it was between. Because of vandals the pay phone out front never worked. I had a really good friend, Kevin, that did an AMAZING Tina Turner. My friends and I used to go there pretty regularly to see Kev and because the food was really amazing and relatively inexpensive. So the guy I was seeing, but needed to dump, knew we went to this bar to see Kevin play pretty often, but never took him along, because he was annoying about said friends being males (part of why he needed to go, other part was I found the next guy) So I asked him if he wanted to come with me because my friends couldn't make it and he was annoying, but agreed. I told him I would drive since it was hard to find, he said ok. So I drove, told him to get a table and get me a drink while I hit the ladies room. He went inside and found out what kind of bar it was, and what kind of show Kevin did (btw I discovered after we had been dating that he awas a HUGE homophobe) and went to look for me - but I was halfway home!!! Yes, I know very wrong. he ended up walking the 3 miles in the dark with his little keychain light to the gas station, because he wouldn't ask the bartender to call him a cab. So he did deserve it a little. But he never called me again, so it did the job.