Questions About This And That And That Other Thing
Welcome to the August 13th version of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by
Kimber, the number 4812 and the color of storm clouds.
1. Hypothetical question- you are in a building with famous works of art, old manuscripts of famous novels, and original sheet music from famous composers. The building is on fire and looks to be completely destroyed. Do you grab any of the famous works before fleeing, and if so what? Just wondering here - would not a building that houses that type of works (which would be priceless and thus have some serious insurance riders) be forced by their insurance carrier to have some sort of fire supression system in place ( i realize water sprinklers may be a bad idea) And so wouldn't attempting to remove an item actually make it more likely that said item would be damaged in some way?? Of course if it meant that one of these guys would come rescue me - I'd grab whatever I could get my hands on!
2. In August 1969, the Manson family went on a 2 night killing spree. Do you think 40 years later they have paid for their crimes? Two words - Death Penalty. The answer is NO, the people aren't alive again are they? Can those people feel happy, sad, smell the spring breeze, share the lives of the people they love? NO.
3. Power Outage! What's the longest you have been without power? Lightning hit the transformer on the pole in front of our house a couple summers ago. It took JCP&L about 6 hours to bring and install the new one.
4. Just bought a new tazer gun. Will you let it be tested it on you to see if it works, and how it feels to be tazered? Here we go with another 2 word answer -- HELL NO!! What the hell is wrong with people?? Who WANTS to see what it feels like to get tasered? seriously!! Now if you'll send him to give me CPR - maybe ....
5. A neighbor's mail was delivered to you. In it is a magazine not wrapped in plastic. Is it ok for you to flip through it before giving it to the neighbor? Do you tell them you looked through it? I can tell you what mag's my neighbors get. Because this happens on a regular basis. AARP, Retirement Living, Senior something, Prevention. Yawn... Nope would not want to read those. now if they got a magazine with Him on the cover I may just keep the thing!!
6. If I went through your purse/wallet right now, what all would I find in there? Keys, sunglasses, burts bees lip balm, a lot of eyeglass wiped, size J metal crochet hook, pen, goody's headache powders, cell phine, $21.47, wallet - drivers license, debit card, AAA card, registration, insurance, health insurance, prescription cards, ok - I'M BORED USE YOUR IMAGINATION FOR THE REST!!
7. Have you been living under a rock? No but some days when my back hurts I'd like to take a nap on a nice hot sunwarmed rock.
8. Tell us something crazy you did this week. Agreed to help another location with their post inventory audits until 8pm tomorrow!!