Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I missed the Solstice!!



I can't believe I forgot to post the Solstice.  I love winter!  Really ( and I know I'm pretty much alone here) I love the cold crisp air, love the feel of the air on my skin, the invigoration of a deep breath, seeing your exhale floating out of your mouth.  I love winter sunlight.  I love how clear the stars are at night. (Seeing Orion always makes me smile)   Some people see, the solstice as the shortest day, implying that as the days grow longer, spring is following behind.  I see it as bringing in the winter, the season in which I really feel alive.  Having snow on the ground makes it even better.
 

This season though, I'm feeling blah.  I usually really liven up as the cold comes in, and Christmas brings out the best in me.   I just can't find the spirit inside though.  Shopping and planning is more a chore than an anticipation this year.  I barely found the inner energy to decorate- and I only did maybe 10% of my usual holiday decorating.  I didn't make a single cookie, haven't done my cards - I guess they'll be New Year's cards.  This week, I've been wearing my hat, my bells, using my candy cane pens,  playing the Country Christmas channel on XM.  SO if you've seen my Christmas spirit - or even just my winter happiness, please send it back my waY...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.