Monday, December 21, 2009

Knitting Updates

In an unusual turn of events, I actually finished 2 projects. ( Ok one still needs blocking)  I can actually show you both because one is for me and the other is a present for my mom, who doesn't know blogs exist much less that I have one.

unblocked
Beach Glass unblocked, fresh off the needles.

unblocked edge
Unblocked edge

blocking
Beach Glass blocking.


It's for my mom.  I bought a glass shawl pin when I was at Rhinebeck to go with it.  The yarn is hand dyed by Brook of Twisted Fiber - she does great work doesn't she?  And the best part was I got to go through her totes and pick out the yarn I wanted in August, cause she's really good friends with my friend Min.


DSCF4002

This is colonnade.   It's actually for me!  I used Manos on the solid part and Malabrigo on the bottom section.  I will probably block it on Thursday morning.  I just cast on to make matching fingerless mitts with the Malabrigo.




3 comments:

  1. Boy you sure are talented. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice I love how your Colonade is almost the opposite of mine---the print being on top and more of a solid on the bottom Mine still isn't blocked!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.