Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tomatoes Today

So meet the tomatoes today.  Next year I am definitely hitting this place early.  They were sold out of a few types I really wanted to try including the coyote tomato.  But, as you probably guessed I did make up for it and find others.

First I got a regular patio tomato- from Home Depot.  I had to keep it inside for a couple weeks , because it was still to early to put it outside, but I couldn't resist. Some of the lower leaves are a tad rough, because I should have waited another week, but over all it is doing well:

Patio tomato

Next ironically, currently my smallest plant is the "Big Zebra".  This is a mid-season indeterminate tomato, that is a large flattened globe shape that ripens red with green stripes.  Should look great on salads!!  And salsa's.

Big Zebra

Next ( just a tad blurry- but it was breezy)  is the Japanese Black Trifle.  It is an indeterminate, mid season pear  deep flavored tomato.  It's leaves are more potato than tomato shaped.  It is supposed to be  a rich sauce tomato.

Japanese Black Trifle

You've already met the grape tomato. ( the tomatoes are getting bigger!)  

Grape Tomato

And you've met the sweet 100's (the flowers fell off during that cold windstorm)

Sweet 100's

And finally the Siletz.  It is an early season,  determinate, globe tomato.

Siletz



Here's a quiz for y'all.  Good thing I'm a "natural beauty" cause leaving the house at 3 am - means that's all you're going to get!



You Are a Natural Beauty!






You're the kind of beauty that every guy dreams about...

One that looks good in the morning - without a stitch of makeup

That's doesn't mean you're a total hippie chic though

You have style, but for you, style is effortless


   

2 comments:

  1. WTF? where have I been all my life. I only knew of one tomato a big one and a cherry one. Which I thought was just a smaller version. Who knew. Do they taste different and look different? How interesting. I learned something from la natural beauty. Oh BTW. so am I LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your tomatoes!! It has been so cold here in SoCal. At this rate I will be lucky to have any by August.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.