Monday, March 14, 2011

Another nerdy challenge answered!

IMAG0630.jpg

These answered the technical challenge for the month of March which was polytech.  A project that used more than one craft to create the finished project, one of them being a Ravelry craft (knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving?) Ok I don't know the 4th.  And 3 bonus points for a tie in to your team.  I made a barrette, a hairband and a pin, using crocheted flowers with a sewn floral backing, and beaded buttons.  The tie in to my team (Bazinga - for The BigBang Theory) is the episode when Penny needed the boys to help her manufacture the blossoms worn in your hair that she had sold on the internet.

First I crocheted 6 flowers.

IMAG0603.jpg

Then I cut and sewed the fabric blossoms. (which required purchasing new fabric scissors and pinking shears- since certain people- kept cutting other things with my scissors and dulled them)  Those of you who know me well know that for me to break out a needle and thread- I seriously want the points.

IMAG0618.jpg

I attached the 2 pieces with a button and 3 beads.  I then covered the back with a round of self stick felt that I also stitched around the edges.



I then attached a pin back to one, a barrette and a hairband.

IMAG0628



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Cow! Those are fantastic! Great job and totally worth breaking out a needle and thread for the extra points. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.