Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2KCBWDAY2 Skill + 1UP - day two of knitting and crochet blog week
Skill + 1UP – 2KCBWDAY2
Look back over your last year of projects and compare where you are in terms of skill and knowledge of your craft to this time last year. Have you learned any new skills or forms of knitting/crochet (can you crochet cable stitches now where you didn’t even know such things existed last year? Have you recently put a foot in the tiled world of entrelac? Had you even picked up a pair of needles or crochet hook this time last year?.

I'm going to cheat a little bit on this question.  Last February (so 13 months) during the Ravelympics, I made my first beaded project, a beaded shawl - Shoshie.  The second thing I got much more proficient in was colorwork , thanks to doing a bunch of mini-socks designed by Meagheen Ryan.  Right now I am almost done with a project involving needle felting over a fulled item (no pics yet for that)   The last item project is part of the NERDWARS competition.  I think besides getting to know a whole new group of people one of the best aspects, for me, in a competitive environment like Ravelympics or Nerdwars, it the fact that they force me to stretch outside my normal boundaries and learn and try new things.  SOmetimes these things are successful, sometimes not ( you will read about my soft kitty fiasco soon)  but at least I am pushed to try - and in the case of beading discover something new that I really enjoy.

DSCF4238

IMAG0560.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.