Monday, July 21, 2008

What'd you do this weekend?


It was very hot and humid this past weekend. I took DD out on Saturday morning to practice her driving (she's having some issues slowing down and downshifting when she turns). I took care of my container garden early each morning. The rest of the day I pretty much stayed indoors in the air conditioning. I did a lot of chores, cleaning up the place, re-organized my closet, finally unpacked from our vacation. DD went to a farewell party for one of her friends moving to Virginia, then on Sat went to the firework display a town over, and on Sunday nite, she was going to see the Dark Knight, but both the 7pm and the 8:20 pm show were sold out, so they saw Hellboy instead. so nice she has a life.

I realized that I have been using a lot of the yarn I purchased when I first started knitting. I have been using it mostly for various charitable craft projects. I had made a bunch of chemo caps with a group on msn in Jan and Feb. Then in Feb, I started using a bunch of it for Victory Junction Camp afghans. I also made a few small throw blankets for the local animal shelter. The good news is I have knit/ crocheted away 2/3 of my Lion Brand Homespun and Jiffy and a good portion of my Red Heart super saver yarn as well. Also a bunch of yarn, that wasn't full skeins some without the ball bands. Nothing against this yarn, but the kind of projects I am currently drawn to, won't work with this yarn. I also discovered how quick and fun it is to make market bags, and they are so good for the environment that I have used up a lot of my ---- cream yarn. Unfortunately through all this knit down activity I never took the yarn I used off my list or off my ravelry stash. So I spent a lot of time going through the various bags of yarn highlighting what I had left and taking pictures of it to put on my Ravelry stash page. I had to stop when I ran out of room on my Flickr account. ( Never came close any other month, but between the container garden, vacation and the yarn it's been a heavy month) So I guess in another 10 days I can pick it up again. Then I will have an accurate list of what yarn I have.

I did manage to knit 3 pattern repeats on the orange/black/white ripple afghan and make 2 squares for the red/white/blue afghan. The deadline for the afghans is coming up quickly, especially since I really don't want to seam them together.

I did buy some Noro Taiyo when I was looking for yarn to send my shopping bag swap partner, so now I'm looking for something to make with it. I saw on Ravelry that someone had used a shrug pattern from fitted knits that isn't that nice in the 2 color version the book had but is absolutely gorgeous in the Taiyo, so I am considering it.

Since I

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with all your use of stash yarn. I recently moved and donated mine to Goodwill. Good for you for not only using it, but also using it for good causes!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.