Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday THUNKS

Twilight, Emails, Being Nude And More Crazy Questions!

Welcome to the April 16th version of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!

We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog... simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post. Please mention us in your post, and link back to the blog here.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs. Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks! Thats what all this is about afterall, isn't it? We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....

This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, the color rainbow and the number 2.


1. Recently Berleen and I discovered the allure of the Twilight series. Have you ever been sucked in to the latest "thing"? (Like Harry Potter, the movie Titanic, social networking, etc. etc. etc.) Latest Thing? Not usually my style- I did read the first bunch of Harry Potter books ( not the last 2) I never got as into it as some people( those of you on Ravelry have seen I'm sure the huge number of Harry Potter projects and Gryfindor, Slytherin yarn etc. NASCAR is supposedly the fastest growing sport in America- but I've been a fan for 30+ years so not a recent bandwagon jumper. I'm trying but I really can't think of anything that I've jumped on a trend-
2. What software do you use for your email? Software? Not sure. I use firefox as a browser, have hotmail, yahoo and google e-mails ( have never used the google though.) Does that help?? It's not my fault really- married a techie - don't feel I need to know as long as the laptop works.
3. Are you comfortable being nude? Yes - my husband accuses me of being a nudist. But seriously I don't go out in public naked. trust me no one wants to see that unless I lose some weight and tone up a bit and maybe get a tan. My daughter figures that once she's off to college I'll never wear clothes in the house again.
4. What is something you plan on doing this summer? While my daughter is off being a do-gooder in Ecuador this summer- Curt and I are going on vacation without her!!
5. Do you have a favorite movie/book quote? If so, what is it? There are so many - but they just kinda pop out of my mouth at appropriate (or inappropriate times) A lot of quotes from a Princess Bride, Monty Python, The Muppets,
6. How many email addresses do you have? 3
7. Is the sky falling? I'd rather not look up to find out. When or if it hits me it hits me. I think it will be less painful if I don't see it coming.
8. Have you been to the Grand Canyon? No, flown over it a whole bunch of times - would love to go rafting through it, I'm afraid there will be scorpions or huge spiders or I'd want to go camping and rock the tent in the canyon ( can you do that?) I think I'd like to go at least once - to go on that glass bottomed lookout thing- not sure about riding a donkey though... Do they have real horses?
9. When was the last time you mailed a hand written letter? March. I always mail a long newsy letter to my cousins with their birthday cards.

7 comments:

  1. You do enough to update cousins once a year? Wow. I gotta get a life. Very funny, Ria. Enjoy your day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the sky falling! ...have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ rock the tent!
    I would never in a million years be able to do the glass walkway at the canyon.
    I gave up on Monty Python smart ass quotes cause no one I know gets em :o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8 made me snort coffee out my nose!! LOL!!
    LOVE your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 sounds like fun! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Muppets! And Monty Python! I played too... Check it out, HERE !

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.