Saturday, April 11, 2009
Vacation To Do Update
1. Take Angie down to Bridgewater so she can use her credit and get a new fencing lame'. Never did this - discovered the treasurer wrote the check to me instead of the fencing place, so I deposited the check this morning and I can take Angie to Saddlebrook instead.
2. Empty out all the planters and windowboxes and spray them with bleach so they'll be ready to plant in a few more weeks. Also get a few summer bulbs planted and clean up the leaves and debris I didn't do anything with last fall. Cleaned out the boxes - they're ready for a few weeks from now. The only thing I got planted was a pair of purple trillium.
3. Really clean my bedroom, and especially my closet and drawers. Yeah, I must have been out of my mind on this one - that just wasn't happening. This needs to be a monthlong couple hours every weekend type of goal.
4. Get the concession stand at the football/field track ready and running before tuesdays meet - work the stand on tuesday. ( no I aM NOT doing this one alone) Did this. Not really anything to comment on.
5. Finish my Smoke(as in Tony) cowl. This is done - I think I'm going to block it though, buit still done.
6. FIgure out if my wicked stepmother yarn is really happy with the pattern being knitted. And either finish the socks or frog the 1/2 sock I have done and use another pattern. I am frogging it now.
7. Finish the pink socks if it kills me!! I finished the pink sock. Not my favorite sock pattern - as a matter of fact I didn't even file the pattern just tossed it. The heel is very loose. I am going to try to weave through some clear elastic and paint some puffy paint hearts on the bottom so Angie can wear them as slippers.
8. Decide what yarn/pattern for a spring tea cozy (let's face it it's a bit too late for Easter - at least at the rate I knit. Maybe my friend Grace or Jenn but not me) that can last until I do a patriotic one for memorial day to July 4th. Will probably need to buy yarn - it seems like a pastel project and other than pinks for Angel I really don't buy pastels normally. Found the yarn, realized the pattern was a scam, am creating my own pattern - am about 35 % done. But my goal was to find the yarn/pattern so this counts as a check.
9. Get my oil changed and take the car to the body shop over the ding someone gave it in the parking lot at work- the wheel well tore at the screws so at least that piece needs to be replaced. Not sure if I want to call the insurance company - after all I just added a teenager to the policy. Got the oil and the serpentine belt changed. Didn't get to the body shop though.
10. Get my roots dyed. Hair is up in a towel now.
11. Need to get a few loose button shirts (that I don't button) to wear over tank tops in the summer at work. Nope. Did however buy a cool t shirt that says born to knit. Can't wear it to work though.
12. Try not to get moldy, it's going to rain for the next 3 days, be nice on Sunday and rain again at least Monday to Wednesday. Didn't have as much rain as predicted. And days like today, it was supposed to rain all day - stopped and the sun came out around 3:30.
13. Convince Grace that even though Sandy and Jacqui apparently most likely won't be able to do anything next week, that she should do something with me to get me (and her) out for at least part of a day! ( I know you'll read this Grace!) Grace agreed, then got ill, we did end up meeting for lunch on Friday. Curt did go yarn shopping with me and we stopped at a lovely tea shop in montclair where we "had tea and scones" hee hee and bought my sister a birthday present.
And if you'll notice except for 1,3 and 4 I'm still sticking to the 2000mine theme. So I didn't do 1 and 3 - but they weren't in the 2000 mine theme anyway. I figure I went 8.5 out of 13 - not bad. Pictures will come eventually of the pink socks, the smoke cowl, the new yarn and the t-shirt. You've seen the beginning of the cozy and if the trillium ever blooms you'll see that too.