Friday, June 5, 2009

Bring on the Rain!!

It's been raining for a couple days here. Grey and cool, matched my mood. I took this picture of roses by my front door. If you look closely you can see the raindrops (I'm hearing Julie Andrews in my head...raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...)
raindrops on roses

To give you an idea of how hard it was raining, check out this picture. The white streaks are rain! The left side of the picture is under the roof overhang so not raining.
those white streaks are the rain!

So what I really wanted from the weather gods was pouring rain today ( especially in North Eastern Pennsylvania) and sunny skies Sat and Sun. It looks like that's what I'm going to get. People at work were very confused by this. I had to explain that if qualifying was rained out they would set the race field by points. And if you look at my track tony widget to the left you will see Tony is in 1st place!! Woo hoo!! So the rain would put Tony on the pole. I want it nice the rest of the weekend, so they get 2 good practice sessions tomorrow to set up the car and run the ARCA race and on Sunday have the race start on time. ( although I already told my boss and the 2 guys that cover me when I take off,that if it rains in NE PA on Sunday I won't be in on Monday... I have my priorities)

In the afternoon, I was in receiving looking/whining for my carpet truck. I went outside to talk to 2 guys who were about to have a smoke. I didn't want to be in the smoke and I ended up where my truck should have been parked in the bay, doing my version of a spinning raindance. So mid-dance who pulls around the corner.. you guessed it, my truck and C was driving ( business must be picking up, he's worked 5 days 4 out of the last 5 weeks - before that he went like 4 months with only maybe 2 5 day weeks) So he turns around and backs into the dock and when I go up to his door to get the bills he tells me nice raindance. Of course as a Jeff Gordon fan, he has to get a dig in and ask if I figure that's Tony's only shot at a pole. I kind of dug back about his driver now being in 2nd place hee hee hee.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND!!

FEEL BETTER SOON GRACIE!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ria, I am trying to hang in there but still keeping it low and slow!! Glad the weather is working your way!!! Go Tony~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can't believe the rain this year, but everything is so lush and vibrant.Those roses are gorgeous♥

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.