Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Thunks - The Best News Ever

Welcome to the November18th edition of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday) Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog... simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!

Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Please mention us in your post, and link back to the blog
here.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That's what all this is about after all, isn't it?
We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....

The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of snow and the number that comes after 393.

Turn the tv on and open the newspaper.... whats the best reported news you've ever heard? Ever?  That would be that the crew of Apollo 13 got back ok ( my dad was a subcontractor for NASA at the time)

Hey! Guess what? Whats the best personal news someone has told you?That the biopsy on his mom turned out to be just calcium! (ok that was for this week - see answer farther down)

Goshdarnit I'm tired... When you lay down to sleep at night, whats the best position for you to fall asleep in?Most days I lay on my left side with my left arm under the pillow,, and at least one foot outside the blanket.

What the most excited you've ever been?Ok I really can't answer this.  I don't know, and Yes are the two answers I have.  For those who don't know me in real life I can be...exuberant.  I get really happy over big things, but also really happy over little things.  So everything!

Ever touched a turkey? And yeah, I mean the gobble gobble kind. I'm glad I re-read this or this could have been a stupid question. Have you ever touched a living, breathing, not on your plate turkey?When I was in first or second grade, my class went on a field trip to a poultry farm and I got to hold a turkey chick in my hand.

Its everywhere, it's driving me crazy! Spend money, people, spend money! Have you boughten anything from the "new & early" Black Friday deals this year?  I don't think I've ever "boughten" anything.  And the answer is no.  If you read Monday's blog post you'd know I don't want to go shopping at all!!

So the news is out, the most best news ever in the history of news - Kimber & Berleen are finally going to meet! Kimber is flying to Minnesota. What should she bring with her?Her laptop, and a coat ( can you buy a coat in Arizona? she may need to shop online) mittens, scarf, hat.  And beer money!

Kimber thinks all Minnesotans eat lutefisk. It's a Scandinavian food and lucky for her, we're German. Maybe it's Norwegian. Heck I don't know - you ever ate the stuff? I never even HEARD of the stuff.  A lute is like a medieval guitar, fisk, I don't know what a fisk is...  OMG!! I just Googled Lutefish. Dried cod soaked in LYE!! That's what they used to make soap with that dried out and cracked and basically destroyed the hands of the maids and charwomen that cleaned for a living.  LYE burns!!  It is caustic!! It is considered hazmat!!! It turns the fish into jelly by removing 50% of the protein!!  Lucky, yeah lucky to live through it!!!!!

Whats in your right pocket right now? A Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
 
IMAG0410.jpg

When you go to the dentist for your cleaning, do you use the toothbrush that they give you or do you use one that you have purchased yourself?Reach is the only kind I'll use.

5 comments:

  1. I have never ever been out on Black Friday and I never will.

    Lutefisk - yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either you have big hands or it was a tiny freakin' turkey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I enjoyed reading your answers. LULZ at googling the Lutefish yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turkey chick Bud - as in baby turkey, recently hatched... tiny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about the Apollo missions. I was glued to the TV while they were happening.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.