Tuesday, March 3, 2015

doing yoga again





 I've decided that I NEED to start doing yoga again.  I used to do yoga when the Angie was little, 2 or 3 times a week.  Then life got busier, I'd miss one day here and there, then one week, then 15 years....  I wasn't hugely good at it, and I was significantly younger then, so I really don't have high expectations for now.  I stretch pretty thoroughly after jogging or working out - but it's more a stretch the muscles I just used kind of thing.  I have been seriously tight and creaky in an overall way, and stressed in my upper back and shoulders.  I keep all my stress, anger, hostility, aggression bottled up in my upper, back, shoulders and neck - not good for someone with headache issues.

I started this morning.  Three sets of sun salutations (no offense to my catphew - but downward dog can be amazing) I'm going to set a goal of sun salutations 3 mornings a week to ease into things.  I'm not a social workout person, but may at some point take classes again but that is a far of some point right now.





photo credit: mantra1 via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.