Wednesday, March 11, 2009

4 races in - crochet update

So, the end of last week, I suddenly realized that we were already three races into the NASCAR season, and I had no plan for my next VJGC competition afghan. Aaaacck! I had realized, while working on my off-season ghan, that a granny square mixed with black really "pops" the color out. So I had the giant 835 yd skein of RH Super Saver. I picked up Vanna's Baby in duckie, cherry, sweet pea and little boy blue. I am making 3 12x12 squares in each color w/ black. That way a 3 x 4 square ghan will be about 37 x 49. On Sunday I made 1. Sad I know, but when there were only 9 cars on the lead lap I sort of passed out for a bit. On Friday I had met for coffee with a really good friend and made 1. Monday night at an extremely drama filled, highly annoying booster club meeting I made 3 1/2 more. This afternoon I finished the 1/2 and started another. So here's what I have so far:

yellow squares

red squares

3 comments:

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.