Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Have Pictures!

my swap package from gwen

I took part in a fingerless mitts swap. I can't post the pictures of the pair I made because Angel mailed them for me on her way home from practice yesterday. So since I don't know if Gwen reads my blog, I can't post pic's until she gets her package.

Angel saw these and promptly appropriated them for herself:

mitts 2

leaving these for me:

mitts1

The race seemed to take forever this afternoon. And I was fighting to stay awake. I managed to somehow (ok, with a lot of Curt's help) join Google Talk, where some of my Nascar friends from Ravelry have a group chat during the race. It was a lot of fun. Tony did pretty good, he was bouncing from 3rd to 8th place and ended up finishing 3rd. Ryan started pretty far back in the pack and came on strong for the last 100 laps finishing 6th. So for all the naysayers out there Stewart Haas Racing is going to be a force to be reckoned with!! Unfortunately Jimmie Johnson won and Jeff Gordon came in 4th - but he led laps ands Tony didn't so the two of them came away with the same points and Tony didn't gain in him... can you just hear C gloating somewhere?

I did get some knitting done during the race. I had started a fingerless glove last night ( only got 12 rows done) I finished the left one except for the seaming during the race. It is out of leftover yarn from my swap so no pic's yet. I made brownies during the race, super fudgy, super chocolaty super yummy. Right now we are having crazy thunder and lightning and it is raining hard!! Hope everyone has a great week this week!


2 comments:

  1. what a great gift box

    I would love to know that pattern!

    I slept for 2 hours this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh I watched part of the race. You chat during them? That must be fun.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.