Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

yarn shopping

Angie took her SATs this morning in Clifton. We got there seriously early. The doors opened 5 minutes after we got there. While she took her test, I didn't want to go all the way home so Curt and I went to the Tic Toc Diner in Clifton for breakfast.

ticktock

We then went to Barnes and Noble and I bought a copy of Alan Dart's Irresistible Gifts to Knit. I thought about buying it awhile back, but when I returned to the store it was sold out. I read this week that they re-released it, so when I saw it I bought it. I also saw a copy of THE KNITTER a new intermediate/advanced magazine by the editors of Simply Knitting. It's $12.99!! And I saw 2 patterns I would do so I passed on it (for now if I see it again who knows?)


modernyaRN


After putzing around for awhile, we headed to Montclair to go to Modern Yarn (they don't open until 11am) We got there a few minutes before they opened. It is such a cute little section. ( Although I must say people around there must eat out an awful lot) We bought some cookies to bring home from jimmie's cookie bar (they have a cookie lounge too, where you can hang out and eat your cookies) I bought some Sencha green tea from a tea place, some coffee beans and a cup of coffee from "Beans". I went through Modern yarns and although I saw a lot that I wanted, I settled for

manos silk blend

Manos Silk Blend ( I was hoping to find a hank of this in purple YAY)

and I just had to have:

malabrigo superwash sock

Malabrigo Sock superwash merino ( yes Jaqui if you're reading this superwash)

We took Angie to Atlanta bread Company for lunch. I had a wonderful dill and fennel tomato soup with a half a salmon w/ cucumber and dill spread sammie. She had turkey with provolone, lettuce tomatoe and pesto spread and baked potato soup. Curt had french onion soup and some kind of chicken sammie. Yum. When we got home I TOOK A THREE HOUR NAP!!! I was saying i was tired all week, but I didn't realize how tired I was.

I balled a skein of Malabrigo Silky Merino yesterday, but didn't have the right needle size ( I bought addi Natura circs today so I'm casting on later) Curt ( my human swift) is bowling tonite, so I have to wait until tomorrow to ball up the Manos to start working on that.

Yarn Happiness to all!

7 comments:

  1. The book looks like it has some fun patterns. Your yarns are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ria! It's me, Nonaofsav from Ravelry :-) I just sold that same Alan Dart book last week on Ravelry! I'm just not into sewing all those little "parts" in place!
    I love the yarns you bought, what do you think you'll use them for? So pretty!
    ~Vicki
    http://piecesofmylife-victoriag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Angie did well on the test. Your goodies look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the second yarn is the color Oceana, I have 2 skeins of it sitting here and I have used one in the soaring hearts shawl Love your purchases and your lunch sounds great!!! Glad you had a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean caribeano, the oceana was the worsted I used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Manos Silk blend looks yummy! So does the sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yarns. Isn't it awful when you have to wait to cast on. I always fantasise about starting in the car on the way home.

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.